Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Friday, August 10, 2012
Root Beer Float Cake Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups cold root beer *
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1- 2 tsp root beer extract (for that extra root beer-y flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/4 cups cold root beer, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or stir by hand for 3 minutes.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan bake for 30-35 minutes
- 24 Cupcakes 18 21 minutes
- Or following baking suggestions on the box.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
The recipe suggests using a whipped cream topping or you could make a yummy vanilla butter cream.
* Cold root beer works better than room temperature for some weird reason.
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Monday, July 30, 2012
That's right. ME.
They've trying to teach him to appreciate Star Wars so I was asked for a Star Wars themed cake. I happened to have a cake pan that fit the situation.
|Me & My Big Sister|
We had fun participating. I learned all sorts of things I didn't know, and some things I did know.
- Stuff we learned in our classes:
- How to Bake a Great Cake
- Buttercream Icing
- Using Decorating Bags and Couplers
- Icing the Cake
- Leveling and Torting the Cake
- Using the Star Tip
- Drop Flower, Rosette
- Dimensional Decorating
- Pompom Flower, Leaves
- Filling and Icing a Cupcake
- Guidelines for Elementary Cake Design
- Printing, Writing, Rose Base
- Piping Gel Pattern Transfer
- Ribbon Rose
- Guidelines for Decorating Your Cake
Friday, July 27, 2012
I have fallen behind on my cake blogging. It has been a crazy summer so far and it seems like I’m making at least one cake a month if not two.
Here we’re going to transport ourselves back to May 6, 2012 with this fabulous TARDIS cake I completed for a friend of a friend who has a Doctor Who obsession.
Now, granted this isn’t what I’d put on my list as a “Great Job” but considering the circumstances I made it under (a bad reaction to new medication, and a 100 degree fever) I’d say it’s pretty darn good.
The Black and White wavy lines around the outer edge are to make it appear as though it is traveling through space.... oooo.... ahhh.... Nice.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Everyone at the shower loved it, and I got more raving reviews, but sometimes, that's not enough to make me pleased with the final product. I'm just a harsher critic to myself than I really need to be.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
I decided that the base cake should be black, but upon completing the cake I have now decided that if I ever take up this endeavor again the base cake will be a different color so the tires don’t blend in so well. Perhaps green instead.